Friday, April 25, 2008

We get to eat around the table now!!!

Basketball is OVER!!!
Why is that significant in a cooking blog??
Because now, my routine is a little more manageable. I won't be waiting until 5 p.m. at school every. single. day for practice, or schlepping all over So Cal to attend games. Don't get me wrong, it was a blast... but 3 months of it is exhausting, not to mention sad that we didn't get to eat together as a family very much.
But all of that is about to change!!!
I am not going to know what to do with myself now that we are gonna be home at 3:45 p.m. most days!!! Yahoooo!
So to celebrate, I am going to make my family's favorites this weekend.
Homemade Pizza
Blueberry pancakes
Jammin Chicken and Mashed taters
Whew... I'd better get started.
This morning, as a celebration of our liberation and the fact that all my men are Tae Kwon Do Black Belts as of last night, I told my kids they can buy lunch at school. They rarely get to do this. I've realized that you can really tell the kids of a Mama that cooks all the time.
I was all excited to tell them they could buy lunch today... and all three of them said...
"Awww Mom! WHYYYYYYY!"
Johnny said "Great... now I get to choose from barf tater tots, barf pizza, or stupid cup o noodles"
I loved it!
I used to feel the same way about having to eat at school... my Mama was a gourmet lunch maker.
I will post what kind of lunches I send my kids to school with soon. I am always scouring magazines for great lunch ideas for lunchboxes.
Ciao bella's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so excited to see your posts about school lunches! I almost go broke trying to keep money in my kids accounts. My middle daughter will put her own money in her account before she'll take a sack lunch. They get so bored with the same thing everyday, and I'm stumped after pb&j or meat & cheese sandwich :) Can't wait! By the way... I told you before that I was expecting a baby, and I just found out it's another girl! What else could I expect? Four girls! Thanks for teaching me some things I can teach my little ladies. I'm mostly self taught since I didn't have my own role model growing up, but learning and borrowing ideas from you, I hope I'll be able to teach my girls so much more. Thanks Saundra!

Anonymous said...

What a great compliment from your young men!