Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sausage Bake

Bill is working out of town overnight this weekend, so my cooking isn't going to be what it normally is. I don't know why... but it doesn't feel right without him here, around dinner time.
Last night, after the funeral, I took the boys out to Soup Plantation for dinner. I was wiped.
Tonight, it's gonna be Sausage and Cornbread for dinner, with a twist. I'm gonna put the sweet, Aidells chicken and apple sausage INSIDE the cornbread and make it a meal in one pot.
SO EASY AND YUMMY!
Since the sausage, (from Costco, really yummy) is fully cooked, I just slice it up or chop it up. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the organic Cornbread mix from Trader Joes, so I make a batch of that,
Then I add defrosted corn, chopped red bell pepper,
and green onion to the batter,
drop in the sausage and bake in a PC stone until it is golden brown!
Viola! Instant "sausage dogs"! Add a salad and you're done!
You can add zucchini, jalapeno, hotdogs if you don't have sausage, meatballs, tofu,
ANYTHING!
Switch out what you like!
Enjoy!
Buon Mangare!

1 comment:

angela said...

I love that brand. I like them grilled with steamed veggies and some pasta.