Friday, April 11, 2008

Love Pasta?

Love Pasta, but don't know any other sauce to put on it other than red sauce?
No worries!!!
Here is a Mock Alfredo sauce that has gotten me out of a jam more than once.
Fettucine Mockfredo
********************
1/2 cup butter
6 oz cream cheese (I use Marscapone)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano cheese
In small sauce pan, heat butter until melted. Add cream cheese and milk, until melted.
Stir in grated cheese
Cook on low heat until thickened.
Serve over freshly cooked and drained pasta.
(please, please, please never ever rinse your pasta unless you are using it in a cold salad and you need it to stop cooking)
I like to add frozen peas or fresh cut asparagus to this recipe while it is thickening.
Add shrimp to make it fancy shmancy.
Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

I'll have to try this, we like Alfredo.

angela said...

I have a recipe similar, but I didn't know it was a mock alfredo.

angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've tried more complicated Alfredo recipes and they were yucky. This one is so delicious, okay, a bit salty, but so delicious!