Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MMM...Egg Salad

Tonight was dinner out... I know!!! I can't believe it!
Twice in a month!!!
We had 2 basketball games, a baseball practice, and testing for TaeKwonDo, all tonight. We leave in 10 minutes for TKD, so I couldn't do it.
I did, however boil a dozen eggs today.
We are trying to stay away from lunch meat, because of all the sodium in it, and since it is getting warmer, my ankles just swell up like a sponge.
So I made boiled eggs for egg salad sandwiches for lunches this week. I use one egg yolk in it for every 4 egg whites, to keep the cholesterol down.
I feed the yolks to my dogs (one each) and discard the rest.
My egg salad recipe
12 eggs (12 egg whites and 4 yolks)
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish (drained)
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1 small onion finely chopped
2 ribs celery finely chopped
pinch of salt and pepper
Mayo to taste
Mix and store in a sealed container.
Toast some good bread and enjoy!
Mangia Bene!
Eat Well!
Ciao!

1 comment:

Letti said...

I love egg salad I am going to give your recipe a try.