Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuna, Italian Style

Since I am the product of Italian Immigrants, our house NEVER had Mayo in it.
So imagine my surprise when I started school, and bringing my own lunches, to notice that the other kids had a thick, white, globby substance smeared all over their sandwiches and that same stuff was what held tunafish sandwiches together.
I am not a fan.
If you are... great. Try this recipe anyway.
Not in a sandwich, of course, but as a great, light dinner, with a yummy soup and some crusty bread.
t needs to be eaten right away, so make the lettuce part ahead and add the dressing just before serving.
Italian Style Tuna Salad
2 cans albacore tuna in water
1/2 hot house cucumber or 1 whole regular cucumber, sliced
2 sliced roma tomatoes or a handful of grape tomatoes
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
2 ribs chopped celery
radishes, sliced if desired
Dressing
Sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
celery seed
salt
pepper
and grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
YUM!!!
Serve immediately!
Buon Mangare!
Good eating!
Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hhhmm, Bob likes tuna. Althought the rest of us do not. But I'll have to make this for him sometime. (Reading your other blog, I don't mind cooking some parts of our dinner as separate meals. Like chicken and fish or two kinds of veggies. I'm a picky eater, so as long as every one gets vegetables, and at least tries why I cook, I can live with some differences.)