Saturday, April 26, 2008

LAVASH!

I love this stuff for kid lunches... any lunches really. Trader Joes sells a great one. It comes in a package of six, and they are only $1.99 a package.

To make a killer wrap, start with fresh, soft Lavash. My kids LOVE Hummus spread on it, but you can spread it with herbed cream cheese, mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, ranch dressing, almost anything you like! There is a slight trick to these, your ingredients need to be small strips, so you can wrap it easily.

Then I layer on some thin slices of lunch meat, thinly sliced romaine or alfalfa sprouts, thinly sliced strips of roasted red pepper, shredded cheese, tomato, onion, shredded carrot, thinly sliced cucumber, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

Then just wrap it up and cut in half or into those great round wrap things you see in the Costco sandwich containers all the time.

We love them spread with Tzaziki and hummus. They are great with Tuna, Salmon, Avocado, or just roasted veggies. My faves are roasted eggplant, zucchini, onion, and feta cheese. YUMMY!

I don't know what they taste like with Peanut Butter and Jelly, but heck! Try it!

This all also works with Tortillas, but once tortillas aren't fresh, they aren't pliable any more, and they tend to crack and are messy. Lavash is more forgiving. I get two lunches from one rectangle, for my younger boys. Will eats a whole one... 14, hollow leg, you get it.

Let me know when/if you try them!

Ciao!

No comments: