Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Food for unexpected guests...

Don't you just love drop in guests?
No?
Why?
I know why I don't. I never feel like my house is clean enough and I don't always have
something to knosh on for them... until now.
***
I have decided to develop a few staple "guest" friendly items on hand all the time, for just the occasion for drop in guests... since I have them so frequently.
They are...
Kalamata Olives
Sicilian Olives
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Tomatoes
My bread... of course
Roasted Red Peppers
Marinated Mushrooms
***
All those items can be purchased
(with the exception of the bread, in my case)
from Trader Joes. They are relatively inexpensive,
jarred, and delicious.
They make a wonderful Antipasti Platter in minutes, and
at least one of the items is something someone would like.
Pair it up with some fresh fruit on hand, nicely sliced, and
it becomes an appetizer or knosh that is unparalleled!
Add a great glass of wine and everything will sing!
***
Your guests will feel special, and think you are putting on quite a "spread", and you
will know that you are honoring them by welcoming them to stay and enjoy
breaking bread with you, without breaking the bank or slaving in the kitchen.
With the above items... a little goes a long way since they are so savory.
***
So unexpected guests are going to be a treat for me now.
Now... about keeping my house spotless... that's another story all together...
hmmmmm.

No comments: