Friday, July 11, 2008

FAVORITE THINGS #3

COLANDERS
I AM ADDICTED TO THEM!
I think they are as pretty as they are functional.
I have them in all sizes, and my new favorite is the kind that expands to fit over the sink.
I use them for everything!
Pasta, of course, and sweet pickle relish, and tuna, and veggies, and just about anything and eveything that has water in it.
I recently purchased one that is all silicone, collapses down,
and is dishwasher safe, exact one shown above.
That one isn't as pretty as the stainless steel holey ones, but it sure is easy to clean!
I do so love my metal ones too. They make great impromptu steamers, expecially for mussels and clams.
Colanders also make great beach toys in the sand. I relegate my old ones to the motorhome storage bins for just such a purpose.

No comments: