Saturday, June 14, 2008

Quick Pizza

I've been baking bread about every other day lately.
That book is a God Send!
I didn't know what to do with a huge loaf I made. I was watching Giada on Food Network while cleaning my kitchen an she made awesome cheesy Bruschetta.
Of course, I added some stuff to make it my own little pizza instead.
I sliced up the entire loaf crosswise and rubbed fresh garlic all over one side and drizzled some olive oil over all of them, broiled them for 3 minutes in the oven until toasty.
I looked for all the cheeses I could find in my fridge, and came up with
Romano, Cheddar, Asiago, and Feta.
I shredded them all, mixed them up and set them aside.
I sliced up some tomatoes, shredded some fresh basil from my yard and saute'd up a huge white onion until golden brown.
Then I just layered them all on each slice, tomato, cheese, onion, and a little more cheese,
and put them back under the broiler for about 2 minutes and the cheese was all melted.
I sprinkled the basil right out of the even so the oil could permeate the air and flavor the pizza slightly.
They were delish!
MUCH easier than making regular pizza!
Hope you try it!

No comments: