Saturday, May 31, 2008

My new Cookbook!

Okay, so I just got my new Artisan Bread book from Amazon yesterday!
Quite possibly the most fantastic bread book ever!
Today I will be spending all day making different doughs.
Then storing them in my backyard fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Yep, fresh homemade bread every day of the week if I choose! From one batch!
The best part?
No kneading!
***
I make bread probably about once a week. No, not with a bread machine, with my hands.
I do not enjoy bread machines.
There is something spiritual about kneading dough and watching it rise and knowing you did that. I don't like baking cookies and sweets, but bread?
I could make it my lifes work and be happy forever.
One of my dreams is to open a bread bakery of artisan breads. You know, those hard crusted, big boules of bread that you can slice up and do anything with? Yeah, like that.
***
My men are bread snobs now too. I make focaccia for them and it is gone in minutes.
I have to make 2 batches just so we can have leftovers for the next day's sandwiches at school.
I don't love to eat bread as much as I enjoy making it.
And my newly acquired cookbook has just made having homemade bread on a daily basis a real thing! Who knew you don't have to knead dough, or wait for it to rise, as long as you let it rest for a day in the fridge!
One day, I want to have everyone over to make this kind of bread
The book is called
Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day
and there are over 100 recipes in it.
Letti, Angela, you will be my official guinea pigs when I make different kinds.
Yum!

No comments: