Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saundra's Cucumber Salad

We camp a lot, and I like to pre cook or make everything ahead of time so all I have to do is reheat when we are there.
Making marinated, non Mayo salads is one of my favorite ways to get veggies while camping, and my recipe for Cucumber Salad hits the spot every time, winter or summer.
We use this salad on sandwiches, as a snack, and of course, as a side dish.
You can alter the dressing ingredients if you want, but I will say that Balsamic Vinegar is the best choice, and substituting it will bring about a sour taste.
Cuke Salad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 Hothouse Cucumbers very thinly sliced
(I use a mandoline)
1 thinly sliced red onion
2 large carrots julienned
(I use the Pampered Chef Julienne Peeler)
Dressing
********
2/3 cup Olive Oil
1 cup Balbamic Vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp All Purpose Dill Mix (PC)
1/4 tsp pepper
Mix Well and pour over sliced veggies. Cover tightly and let it sit in the refrigerator for hours or overnight, shaking it around a bit every once in a while.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: