Friday, May 23, 2008

2 BEAN CHICKEN CHILI

Oh! This weather has me wanting to
cook, cook, cook, cook!
Heck! I might even bake, AND I HATE BAKING!
Tonight, my whole family will be complete again,
because Bill and William are coming home from the 3 day long field trip,
so I am making
Mexican 2 bean Chicken Chili
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic chopped
32 oz chicken stock
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or whole ones squished
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can white beans rinsed
handful of chopped broccoli (added last 5 minutes to retain color and crunch)
2 Tbs taco seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas (added last 5 minutes)
Cook it all together in one large pot for 20 minutes. I often forget to add the chicken and it still tastes great! Very good vegetarian dish (if you switch out the chicken stock for veggie stock)
Crush some tortillas chips,
cut up some green onion
shredd some cheddar cheese
For sprinkles after you dish it up.
Also ridiculously good over a nice hot piece of cornbread
Some more add ins if you want:
ortega chiles
fresh frozen green beans
garbanzo beans
zucchini (last 5 mintutes)
cabbage
CAN YOU SAY YUM???
Enjoy!
You can add anything to this recipe except raisins!
:) Hi Max!
Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Saundra - Congrats on the book- also I think this receipe might work for our camping outings - I need to feed about 20 to 25 people?
How many does this serve? Thank again for all the receipes Love you - and love to all the guys Max

Sandra said...

10-12 servings.

The boys LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

It is really easy to increase, and the veggies can change. I just made it with a bag of cabbage added and it was delicious.