Friday, August 29, 2008

Yummy Cucumber Spread

I over purchased on the Cucumbers this week.
I didn't realized I already had 3 in my backyard fridge, and just bought three more.
I really hate it when they get all soggy and slimy if I can't use them fast enough, and I really hate throwing money into the trash.
SO...
I decided to make a Cucumber Dip with one of them.
I looked up a bunch of recipes online, and I didn't have one ingredient or another, and most of them had Mayo as an ingredient, and we all know how much I ADORE (yuck) Mayo, so I came up with my own little recipe...
***
Saundra's Cucumber Spread
*********************
1 whole hot house cucumber,
grated and pressed between layers of towel to rid excess water.
1 cup low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Dill Mix
1/2 tsp celery seed
Fresh cracked Black Pepper to taste
3 garlic cloves, pressed or grated finely
***
Mix all ingredients until well blended, and place in an airtight container.
Refrigerate 1 hour or more before serving.
Can be molded into pretty designs or in cupcake molds for individual servings.
Serve with whole grain crackers, veggie spears, or spread on toast points for appetizers.
Bon Appetito!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Thank you...I'm gonna make this. I have a ton of cukes we cant eat fast enough!!