Friday, March 07, 2008

WELCOME!

OKAY! HERE IT IS!
I get asked all the time..."Saundra, how is it that you have 3 kids, your kids play in 4 different sports sometimes at the same time, you have your own home business that you do truly at home, a husband that works far from home, and you cook almost every night?!?"
My answer to that is simple "ORGANIZATION AND PREP TIME" & I do with my time what I deem important to me and my family, not what others deem important.
Ladies... women are natural organizers. We compartmentalize everything in our lives. Our kids, our work, housework, even our free time!
I know everyone likes to say they don't have any free time. We seem to be brainwashed into thinking that the less time we say we have, the more important we become. Well, we all get the same 24 hours in a day, and we all get a choice on how we use them.
I want this blog to be extremely useful and timely and necessary.
I will not coddle anyone.
We ALL have "busy" lives. Just because I have 3 kids DOES NOT automatically make me more busy than a woman with one child or even no children! Just because I don't have a "regular" 9-5 job does not make me less busy than a Mama that works 10 hour days.
Our times are just shifted.
Everyone has their own priorities, quality of life, family time, reading time, craft time, sport time etc...
We all have choices... and if one of your choices is to find time to do the things you have been wanting to do, but don't get too, this is the place for you!
I have had 25 years experience in how to do things in an organized, methodical, (my hubby says "sickeningly methodical" ) way. (He just doesn't get my way of doing things... but he sure isn't complaining when he sits down to a 4 course, hot, ready meal 5-6 nights a week, and made for pennies on the dollar) And yes ladies and gents... the kids do the dishes... every night.
I have rules that I love to adhere to and have put forth on the kids since they were able to hold a dish scrubber.
Here is the rule for this blog...
Use what you love, don't listen to what doesn't sit well with you or your family, and comment on what works for you!
My way isn't the only way... for everyone, but it is for me. If I can help even one guy or gal get a good, hot, easily made, satisfying meal on their table a couple times a week, I am a happy girl.
Seem like a plan?
Good!
So let's journey on... shall we?
First on the agenda, you need a kitchen!
Check!
Now for some utensils...
TO BE CONTINUED!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So there! Looking forward to the next post. I'm in suspense!

Sandra said...

Kathy! Thank you for being my very first commenter on my new blog... The next time I see you, you get a Bamboo Spoon Set!

Thanks girlfriend!!