Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm back! Gotta get cookin'!

Okay... so we went camping...
I cooked almost every single meal we had there, ahead of time.
We had enchiladas, tacos, goat cheese appetizer (we eat it as a meal), bbq salmon (frozen from Costco, in the box... so yummy), tuna salad,, all the fixings for Touchdown Taco Dip, and Hebrew National Hotdogs.
So this week, I have get back to cookin'. It's a busy week, I have 3 shows this week, and bunch of sports things to do, so prep is key.
I am going to go pick up some Hummus, Tzaziki, Lavosh, and some sprouts from Trader Joes for wrap sandwiches for the kids lunches, a bunch of fruit, and some loads of veggies.
Tomorrow night I will assemble everything in one quadrant of the fridge so it's all easy access for me.
I need to chop onion, cook chicken, shred carrots, boil rice and make tuna fixings without the mayo. I add the mayo as I need the tuna so it stays fresher longer.
Here's my personal recipe for Tuna Salad Sandwiches
2 cans Tuna well drained and broken up. I use Albacore Tuna in Water.
2 ribs finely chopped celery
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 TBS well drained sweet pickle relish
1/8 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp PC Dill Mix
Mix everything up and place in air tight container. When ready to make sandwiches, just take out as much as you will need for the amount of sandwiches to be made, and add the desired amount of Mayo and Mustard. Mix well and spread on toasted, whole grain, nutty bread. Top with Alfalfa sprouts or lettuce and tomato if desired.
Enjoy!
Ciao

No comments: