Monday, October 06, 2008

Sunday Lunch

I wrapped Hebrew National Hot Dogs with a thin layer of my Boule Dough and made my own Hot Dog Buns! Yum! This was yesterdays lunch after cleaning and winterizing the back yard.

Then I got a little bit creative. I had an apple, and some fresh Mozzarella Cheese.

I sliced the apple really thinly, and layered cheese and apple in a thin piece of rolled out Boule Dough, (enhanced with whole wheat flour and Flax Seed Meal)

Sound gross? No way, this is pretty popular in France. I had something like it when I was in Paris, many years ago.

I sliced up a little piece for each of us to try. It tasted okay. Next time, a sharper cheese, like a sharp Provolone, or a Chevre (goat) cheese or Feta will be better.

My men all still asked for more, so it wasn't THAT bad.

I guess I should have posted this on my Bread Blog.

We included celery sticks, carrot sticks and cucumber slices as a side dish.

Every plate was empty when it was all said and done.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

my hubbie saw the hot dogs...and asked if I wanted him to run to the store.

Sandra said...

hahhahahhhahhahahahhahah

i love it!