Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quick, good food!

These are a few of my favorite things...
You know those little peppers in the bag at Costco? I LOVE to saute them in a very hot pan with a little olive oil, until charred, then add a 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar to finish them off... Take them off the heat to cool and wilt, and then... just pop them in your mouth!
sooooo good!!!
My favorite topping for Garlic and Olive oil pasta??? 1/2 inch thick sliced, and charred Zucchini...
Oh man... who needs meat when you can eat these bad boys along with the pasta!
Mmmmm.... fresh Salmon, simmering in a Balsamic glaze... only 3 minutes a side and you are done!!!! Also great in the oven over a bed a veggies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a question. My mother used to stuff artichokes with a mixture that I recall as being part bread crumbs and part black olives.

Does that sound like a traditional Italian preparation?

Also, from what part of Italy does your family hail? From your photo I'd guess Calabria. Am I close?